Tuesday, June 7, 2011

W.E.S.T. May Design Challenge Results

The W.E.S.T. May Design Challenge was May Showers Bring May Flowers?

Indeed, it is still raining in Winnipeg even though we are well into June. But both entrants opted to look on the bright side and chose flowers as their inspiration.


Scarf Flower Chain from Daisypatch Designs

Lisbeth from Daisypatch Designs writes:

At first, I wasn't sure if the colours were quite right but when I finished it and tried it on, it looked great!

I chose to do a flower chain in the spirit of spring. I crocheted 16 individual flowers (4 of each matching colour X 4 sets) and then stitched them together to create the chain or scarf.

--------

Gorgeous!


Evening Garden Large Softcover Journal from Prairie Peasant

Laura from Prairie Peasant writes:

I received as a gift some gorgeous cotton fabric from a friend who traveled to Japan last year. The fabric is so beautiful that I didn't want to cut into it, but I finally used some of it in this new Evening Garden Large Softcover Journal.


------

Fabulous!

Way to go ladies! Both interpretations of the May Challenge are vibrant and beautiful.

Stay tuned for the announcement of the June Design Challenge tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!