Monday, October 3, 2011

W.E.S.T. September Design Challenge Results

The W.E.S.T. Design Challenge for September was Harvest.

And oh my did our talented WEST'ers come up with some beautiful harvest themed items.

We start with Jynxx who was so inspired by the harvest them that she entered two items into the challenge!





Jynxx writes about this one: When I thought of the theme harvest, it right away made me think of the beautiful colors of the season. All the pretty leaves, pumpkins, flowers and the fading sunlight! 

And

 


Jynxx writes about this entry: This one was inspired by the little country stands along the road that the farmers sell their vegetables at. I just love a drive in the country looking at the pretty leaves and enjoying the crisp autumn air.  

Next up is Prairie Threads:

  

Harvest Round Coiled Mat by Prairie Threads

I just can't get over all the beautiful harvest colours used in this mat.  So beautiful.


And next we have Prairie Girl Knits:


Knit Baby Sweater in Yellow by Prairie Girl Knits
(Prairie Girl Knits was modifying the design at the point of this blog post, so this is a photo of the colour she used)

Prairie Girl Knits writes: As made obvious by my shop name, I'm totally a prairie girl. I love the idea of a Harvest theme.

A friend of mine received a hand knit hand-me-down hoodie for her kid and absolutely raved about because it zipped up in the back. She found it so easy to put on & take off of a squirmy kid. I was inspired by the idea and, also inspired by the Harvest theme of September's challenge, I set off to see if I could morph my baby sweaters into a zipper-in-the back awesome hoodie.

In honour of the Harvest theme, used the Deep Straw coloured sweater and added a knit hood which is open in the back and front.

Stay tuned to her shop for the finished product - up for sale soon!

________

Weren't all of these entries spectacular?


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!