Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Who's New Tuesday: Rag Quilts and More

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today's WESTie introduction comes from Patricia Hayes.

Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Winnipeg and we raised our family here too. My husband and I relocated from Winnipeg to the Beausejour area 13 years ago.

What is your Etsy shop called?
Rag Quilts and More



When did you start your Etsy shop?
My Etsy shop opened in January of 2011.

Why did you decide to open an Etsy shop?
It was born out of a newly discovered passion for sewing. I sewed blankets and quilts for each grandchild (they began arriving in 2008). I soon had too many blankets, bibs, quilts, soother clips, etc. My daughter and daughter-in-law shop on Etsy and they introduced me to the Etsy experience. It just made sense to open up a shop of my own.

What do you sell?
I still sew rag quilts but have added a lot of the 'more'! I like to sew aprons, for kids and for adults. I love vintage looking fabrics and styles. I like to make handbags, coin purses, cushion covers and the list goes on.

What is your favorite item to make?
Right now I am enjoying quilting a block of the month sampler quilt (ok...I have two on the go). I am learning new ways of piecing and am loving it! I am also learning to free motion quilt - so much fun!

What are your long-term business goals?
I see my projects and 'creations' and want to share them with people. Etsy gets me out there. And as hard as it is for me to part with some of my best loved creations, selling on Etsy helps me support my fabric addiction!

It's hard for me to think in terms of goals for my shop. I want to grow it. I have so many projects here in my studio (my studio doubles as a kitchen) that haven't found their way into the shop. I want to keep creating and sharing my creations. I want to meet other Etsy 'vendors'...and I love shopping on Etsy too!


Make sure you follow along with Patricia on her Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!