Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Who's New Tuesday: Nisseworks

Happy Tuesday everyone!  We've got another intro for you today, please welcome Stacey Brown!

Where are you from?
I've lived in Western Manitoba for most of my life.  I live in Brandon for now, but we're selling our house and moving to the Winnipeg area soon.

What is your Etsy shop name?
It's called Nisseworks (pronounced nisseh-works).  Let's just say I like gnomes and leave it at that for now.  (Ask Stacey about the long and detailed story when you meet her!)


When did you start your Etsy shop?
February 2010

Why did you decide to start an Etsy shop?
I had just finished my maternity leave from my position as an editor and graphic designer at a local newspaper and wanted to stay at home with my daughter.  I've been sewing for most of my life and decided to put those skills to use and start a shop!

What do you sell?
Currently, embroidered wall art.  I've tried my hand at pouches and purses, pillow covers and wedding ring pillows in the past as well.



What is your favorite item to make?
Anything with an embroidered botanical pattern.  Nature is my muse :)




What are your long-term Etsy goals?
This year I would love to surpass 50 sales in my shop and get wholesale up and running (hopefully through Etsy Wholesale)!  Life is definitely making things difficult to make any progress - we're in the process of selling our house and relocating, so taking care of that is sucking up a lot of my time.  I've also got a new full-time job that makes the free time I've got even less.  But (!!) I'm not throwing in the towel - I've had to take a few steps back and re-evaluate my goals and how I plant o reach them.  It may take a bit longer to reach my goals, but I think that actually acknowledging the obstacles in my way - and how I plan on getting around them - will help me out in the long run.

Want to keep up with all things Nisseworks? Here how:
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Mailing List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!