Sunday, December 21, 2014

Foodie Friday SPECIAL SUNDAY EDITION: Popcorn Balls

I have a thing for popcorn. Salty, crunchy, buttery... Every year around this time, I start to think about stringing popcorn to put on the Christmas tree. You know, one piece for the garland, one piece for my mouth, one cranberry for the garland, one popcorn piece for my mouth. Obviously, I would get nowhere fast with a pattern like this.



So to "Festive Up" my regular light and airy snack, I make popcorn balls! Here is the recipe:

Popcorn Balls

4 tbsp. butter
1 10 oz. bag marshmallows
1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 quarts popped popcorn

In a large heavy pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and brown sugar and stir until melted. 
Remove from heat.
Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour on the marshmallow mixture; toss well. Butter your hands and shape  the popcorn into balls of whatever size you desire. Set on waxed paper to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!