Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WESTie Wednesday - featuring Smash Knits!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we better get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Ashlee and her Etsy shop Smash Knits!



"I was introduced at a very young age to knitting, sewing & crochet by my Mum and both Grandmas. I love, love, LOVE the act of making. Whether it's baking, calligraphy, restoring furniture, sewing a new dress or gardening, I get such a kick out of being creative.
Smash Knits evolved from years of making warm & cozy accessories to gift to friends and family. When my gift baskets began to overflow with finished pieces, I knew it was time to take things to the next level. I'm a sucker for "girly" features; bows, lace, and sparkle, but I try to keep my pieces functional and modern at the same time. Inspiration comes from all kinds of different places; mostly the need for warmth on the Canadian Prairies! I create in the comfort of my own home, either in my sewing studio or tucked on my couch surrounded by knitting baskets and cozy blankets."



"[I carry] hand-knit, crochet, and occasional sewn pieces for any and everyone. Scarves, cowls, toques, mitts, baby booties, headwraps, and in 2015 - select home decor pieces. Pillow covers, crochet storage baskets, and pretty decorative rugs."


"[Having an etsy shop is a] great way to reach out to the rest of the world, and I love being part of a global handcrafted online community!"

Want to see more? Be sure to check out Smash Knits on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

1 comment:

  1. I don't even remember answering these questions! Ha, great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!