Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WESTie Wednesday with Jeanette of Nickel's Knittery

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Jeanette and her Etsy shop Nickel's Knittery!


My name is Jeanette and I am Nickel's Knittery. I began knitting about six years ago because my husband informed me that I needed a hobby, and Manitoba winters are frigid. Hobby turned into therapy as I was trying to manage an illness. Now I knit because I am obsessed. I love the texture of each piece and the rich colours and the warmth they bring to the people I love.

Many of my pieces are inspired by family and friends. The pieces that are named have been named after the people that they were made for. I love trying new styles. However, because I make my own patterns, sometimes it takes a few tries to get it just right. I knit everywhere! I knit at home, on the road (not while I am driving), and really any place that I can safely knit. I design and hand knit accessories for teen and adult women.

 (Source)

I sell my knitwear locally--however it tends to be very seasonal as after 6 months of winter people don't want to think about toques. Etsy allows me to sell to a larger market of people year round. Plus, Heidi,  my amazing page manager, takes care of the marketing for me, which allows me to spend more time with my two boys.


Want to see more? Be sure to check out Jeanette on social media!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!