Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WESTie Wednesday ft FanAttaGirl!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Jessica and her shop, FanAttaGirl!


"I have always had a fascination for pop culture and all thinks geeky. I also have a love for making crafts and drawing. The idea of combining two of my loves came when a friend and I decided to create pop culture inspired handmade crafts to sell at our local Winnipeg Comic Con.
I really got into it and still have a lot of fun creating new things. A yearly Con became not enough, thats how FanAttaGirl came to be. Over the past few years I have definitely grown as a crafter. I love making things, and being able to share the passion that I have with the Fandoms I love. There are people out there, like me, who love to show off anything that has to do with a Fandom, and there are also others who like to take a subtler approach. I try to accommodate both styles, because everyone is different and everyone deserves to enjoy their Fandoms. I basically create my items where ever I can, I have a little corner work station in my apartment but I rarely use it. Ask my friends or my boyfriend, I take my stuff with me everywhere so that I can work on stuff whenever I can. Most of my materials come from one of two places. Etsy sellers and from shops in my home city of Winnipeg. If I can support Easy sellers and local business I try to.





Most of the items I create reference and are inspired by Fandoms that I love.  Definition of Fandom: The community that surrounds a tv show/movie/book etcThe items I sell are basically for anyone and everyone (minus small children).
In my shop you will find a number of different items: The metal stamped jewelry DND dice necklaces Up-cycled comic book necklaces Charmed jewelry  Up-cycled mini leather book necklaces."



"I love crafting first and foremost! The bonus is being able to share items I create with people from around the world."


"I have not been able to update or add new items to the shop because I have been busy stocking up for the local Comic Con in my city. Once the Con has passed I will be flooding my shop with new product, so feel free to swing by my shop Mid Nov for new product.
Lastly WEST is amazing and is full of extremely talented people, please check out as many shops as you can."


Want to see more? Be sure to check out FanAttaGirl on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!