Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WESTie Wednesday : ft VREEM

WESTie Wednesday with Nicole and Adam Closs of VREEM!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Nicole and Adam and their shop VREEM.

"VREEM creates geometric concrete pieces. We focus on small planters for succulents and air plants. We work to maintain an urban, modern, earthy feel to each of our products."


"Our shop is run by myself, Nicole, and my husband Adam. We have been married two years, I am a full time university student getting my degree in Psychiatric Nursing and Adam is now the fulltime maker of VREEMThe idea to start creating with concrete came from a conversation about concrete furniture--the more I looked at the design that can be done with concrete, the more I wanted to try."



"The whole process of creating began with a birthday gift from my parents that consisted of a bag of concrete, some concrete dye and sealant."



"There have been many learning curves in this process. We have had lots of trial and error, and thankfully, now some success! We are always trying new designs and the most exciting part of the process for us is unveiling a new product from its form. It is super satisfying to take a design from a little drawing to an actual chunk of concrete in your hands!"




We asked Nicole “Why Etsy?”
"Etsy is a very user friendly way for makers to sell online. I would not have the time or ability to run my own online store otherwise. With Etsy I can focus more on creating new product and less time spent running a online store. The local Etsy community has also been absolutely fabulous; I have learned so much through other shop owners' discussions on the group forums, answering questions I didn't even know I had. As cheesy as it sounds, Etsy is more than an online store, it actually is a community. I think thats pretty cool."

Want to see more? Be sure to check out VREEM on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!