Wednesday, June 1, 2016

WESTie Wednesday : ft ZococoSalon

WESTie Wednesday with Talie Polischuk of ZococoSalon!


Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Talie Polischuk and her shop ZococoSalon.


"At ZococoSalon I sell unique and artfully designed leather jewellery and accessories.  My products appeal to anyone who loves nature, bold colour and whimsical imagery!



I have a Fine Art background and have been constantly expressing myself creatively as long as I can remember. I love leatherwork because it combines many of my interests such as drawing, painting and sculpture.
I started working with leather shortly after the birth of my daughter Miel and haven't looked back since! My goal is to continually deepen my understanding of the traditional leather craft while developing my own unique approach to the medium; combining techniques such as batik, pyrography, moulding and tooling to create artful & whimsical designs!

I glean inspiration from nature, folklore, botanical and scientific illustrations and so much more! At this point each item I make is the only one of its kind and I like it that way! I built a little leatherwork studio in the entrance but when I start working I tend to take over the entire house!"


We asked Talie “Why Etsy?”
"I appreciate how Etsy has created an international community of makers. I love supporting artists and have often purchased items on Etsy and knew that one day I would open my own shop."


Want to see more? Be sure to check out ZococoSalon on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!