Friday, November 19, 2010

Feature Friday: Crystal Gayle Photography



Hi, my name is Crystal Zacharias, photographer of Crystal Gayle Photography. I'm a stay at home mom to two lovely children and a wife to a wonderful husband. I enjoy photographing many different subjects including flowers, landscapes, food and beverages, animals, and much more! I love to look through the viewfinder and capture things that aren’t always noticed by the human eye or in a unique and interesting view point.
What is your favourite item in your shop and why?
Right now my favourite item in my shop has to be the metal prints.  I ordered them in each of the four finishes to see what they would be like, and it’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.  It’s so hard to show them on a photograph of what they really are.  The photos are put on a metal base rather than paper.  On two of the finishes, the metal shows where the photo would have had white in it as this process of printing does not print white.  I currently have one of these available for custom order in my shop and hoping this is going to be something that will do well.

Where do you find inspiration?
Most of my inspiration comes from God’s beautiful creations in nature itself.  I love to capture the beautiful things He’s placed on the earth for us to enjoy.  I also get inspiration from looking through other photographers’ work and seeing the unique ideas they have come up with, thus forming ideas of my own.

What is your best selling item?
My best selling item is my bookmarks.  It’s a small, affordable item that almost everyone can use and they can get nearly any print from my portfolio done as a bookmark.  Bookmarks are a simple way for me to have my photography out there and seen.  Each bookmark also has my contact information on the back, therefore the person using it can always come back and maybe one day even purchase a larger print.
Why do you enjoy your craft?
I enjoy photography because it is something I can do anytime, anywhere.  I love learning all the ins and outs of my camera and experimenting with different settings, props, and more.  It’s an art that allows me express who I am and easily share it with others.

Places (other than Etsy) to find Crystal Gayle Photography online: 
Facebook page
Blog
Twitter

Places to find Crystal Gayle Photography locally:

I have some prints on consignment at Domo in Altona   I also have a table set up in the Altona mall across from Friesens Bookstore for the holiday season.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you here Crystal. Your photography is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!