Thursday, March 3, 2011

February Design Challenge Projects






For the month of February, the WEST design challenge has been "Geometry Class." It's been an interesting exercise in patterns and geometric shapes. We were challenged to keep in mind the "now" colours of turquoise and yellow and the popularity of industrial items.

The challenge was wide open to interpret these ideas in a unique and exciting way.

And two WEST'ers rose to that challenge this month. Here are the fantastic results:


Fine Silver Hand Built Swarovski Pearl Cube Pendant

First we have Wendy of The Silver Agenda.

She writes:

When I saw the design challenge I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try building with precious metal clay. I then decided on the simple (or so I thought) plan of a cube.

Next we have Tawny from Tawny Bee. I feel a little weird writing about my own, so I'll paste what I wrote with my entry:

Because I design for children, I tend to think of geometry as big and bold and crazy! Zig Zags were perfect.
I also wanted to use simple shapes that children would recognize in my design. So I started with a simple triangle and made a zigzag patterned Teddy Bed.
__________

Two very cool and unique ways to interpret Geometry Class. :)

Stay tuned tomorrow for the announcement of the March Design Challenge for WEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!