Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Who's New Tuesday: Marathon 1981

This Tuesday's new member intro is Kami Goertz

What is your shop name?
Marathon 1981


Where are you from?
Winnipeg, MB

When did you start your Etsy shop?
May 4, 2009

Why did you decide to start an Etsy shop?
I enjoy thrifting and garage-saling more than almost anything, so my hordes of wonderful vintage finds needed an outlet. I started the Etsy shop as a way to share these finds and also as a place to sell my handmade creatures. I started making creatures during my maternity leave and finally got the guts to open a shop in the spring of 2009.


What do you sell?
I sell quirky vintage knick knacks like ceramic figurines, mugs with names or funny animals, stylish kitchenware, and handmade creatures made from vintage fabrics and trims.


What is your favorite thing to make?
My favorite items are custom requests; using my style and materials and the new ideas of a customer are the best combination!

What are your long-term Etsy goals?
I would love to turn my Etsy shop into a steady part time job that would allow me to make what I love, and provide for my family.

Want to follow Kami? You can here:
Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!