Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Who's New Tuesday: The Prairie Sparrow

It's Tuesday again!  Let's learn a bit more about Amanda Loewen

Where are you from?
I have been living in Morden for the last four years, but have also spent time living in Winnipeg and am originally from Plum Coulee

What is your Shop name?
The Prairie Sparrow


When did you start your Etsy shop?
September, 2010

What made you decide to start a shop on Etsy?
I have always loved to knit.  One summer during my University years (when I had too much free time on my hands and less than desirable hours at my part-time job), my husband jokingly suggested that I start selling my creations.  Little did he know that I would take that suggestion to heart and begin my Etsy shop!

What do you sell?
I sell hand knitted winter accessories, such as cowl scarves and mittens.  I also love to experiment with new patterns and techniques and new items will make appearances in the shop from time to time.


What is your favorite item to make?
One of my favorite items to make are the felted bowls.  It's so much fun to watch your knitted wool 'mess' transform into a compact felted bowl during the felting process.


What are your long-term Etsy goals?
When I started my Etsy shop it was a means to supplement my income.  Since finishing University and beginning a new career, I have found that there just aren't enough hours in the day to make my Etsy shop a priority. Long-term I plan on keeping my shop as what knitting is to me - a hobby that I get to share with others.  My shop is as busy as I want it to be and that keeps me knitting happily!

To follow along with Prairie Sparrow, feel free to check out her blog.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!