Monday, February 24, 2014

Who's New Monday: Bright At Home

Time to introduce another new member of the WEST team! Please welcome Dierdre!

Photos by Heartstrings Photography in Winnipeg
Where are you from?
I was born in Brandon, lived in Western Manitoba most of my life, and in Winnipeg for the past 8 years.

What is your Etsy shop name?
Bright at Home


When did you start your Etsy shop?
I started out about 7 months ago, in June of 2013

Why did you decide to start a shop on Etsy?
I have loved Etsy for years, but never thought I was talented enough to sell on Etsy.  But I love to make things and try new little projects all the time.  My sister has had an Etsy shop (theWRAPstar) for the past 2 years, and she encouraged me to open my shop.  Even though I still don't think I'm very talented, I have enjoyed setting up my shop, and other people apparently think I'm talented enough for Etsy.  My shop has done better than I expected, which has encouraged me to keep working on it.

What do you sell?
Anything for your home, but with some added brightness.  Right now I mostly sell cushion covers, light switch covers, and kitchen utensils.  But I'm sure I'll be coming up with more 'bright' ideas soon (haha...).


What is your favorite item to make?
hmmm...I think it depends on the day.  Today, I would most like to sew a cushion cover.


What are your long-term Etsy goals?
1 - Have consistent sales.  I don't want anymore of those weeks with no sales.
2 - Make my shop more consistent and fun.  I want people to recognize my shop as soon as they see a photo in a search page.

Make sure you follow along all things Bright at Home by checking out their Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!