Monday, February 17, 2014

Who's New Monday: Oui Bijoux

Another Monday has rolled around again, let's get to know a bit more about Angela Wells!

Where are you from?
Winnipeg, Manitoba...and a 5 year stint in Montreal early 2000 (while I earned my fashion degree)

What is your Etsy shop name?
OuiBijoux


When did you start your Etsy shop?
January 2014, after being fortunate enough to escape the winter and chase the sun to Mexico. Which is actually what fueled this line; I was very inspired here.

Why did you decided to start a shop on Etsy?
I have worked in the arts for years, from fashion renderings for a women's knitwear company to costuming for film/theater/tv. While in Puerto Vallarta (just this month), I was so inspired by the galleries, tapestries and handcrafted jewelry. It might have been the surge of vitamin D as well, I don't know, but the second I got home I started.



What do you sell?
Jewelry, crafted from semi-precious stones and silver.


What is your favorite item to make?
Anything using Terra Rosa Jasper, I am in love with the swirls and crackles of the colors in that stone.  I prefer to use the matte stone versus the polished.


What are your long-term Etsy goals?
Well you could say the sky is the limit, but for now, to sell enough to buy a little villa in Puerto Vallarta...so that I can live in the center of my inspriation.  xo

Make sure to follow Oui Bijoux on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!