Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WESTie Wednesday ft. BlackKnotFarm!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! This Wednesday, we learn about Etsy shop BlackKnotFarm!



"
I've been a graphic arts public school teacher for almost 20 years. I am divorced and have two beautiful grown daughters. I have always loved creating and making things. Simplicity and usefulness are important to me. I'm always learning a new skill or trying a new technique. Over the years my family came to prefer my handmade gifts over purchased ones and friends started asking me to make them certain things. I love creating and making things beautiful especially out of clay, wood and or fabric. I will try anything once and some things several times! I was lucky enough a few years back to buy a rural property with mature trees and an old farm house. The yard is a beautiful and inspiring 14 acre park that needed tlc and is flourishing now. I learned a lot of construction techniques renovating my home myself, and now that it is mostly complete, my energies are again being funneled into making beautiful things. My farm is my inspiration and where I get most of my supplies for creating."


"I sell one of a kind natural handmade pieces. I use clay, wood, paint, leather, both natural and recycled materials.My greatest pleasure comes from making something beautiful out of nothing. I believe my demographic would be women ages 25-100 with a mid to high socio-economic status."






"I am working towards starting my own business creating and selling my work and producing rentable objects for rustic weddings."


Want to see more? Be sure to check out BlackKnotFarm on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!