Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WESTie Wednesday ft. OakhornShop!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Lauren and her Etsy shop Oakhorn Shop!



"
My name is Lauren and I love knitting, languages, and travelling, even if it's simply taking a flight of fancy. OakhornShop developed out of a love for exploring and discovering the world, if only on a sofa at home. I started knitting maps on socks, but was eager to try something new, and made my first knit map in January, 2014, as a gift for a friend. I enjoyed the process so much that I have continued to knit my way around the world, even making custom orders of different countries. Knitting maps enables me to work in a medium I love, using a variety of colours and soft textures, while taking imaginary trips across the country and around the globe. I have lived in France and Germany, and am proud to call Winnipeg home."


"I make knit map artwork, that means knitting to hang on a wall and warm the room it's in. These maps are 8x10 and come shipped in a box to protect the map. They are all made with sock grade wool to allow for intricate details."



"I really love it when other people get excited by what I do and take an interest in fine knitting. Etsy is a place to share that with others!"


Check back soon, OakhornShop's preparing to reveal some exciting new products!

Want to see more? Be sure to check out Angela on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!