Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WESTie Wednesday ft. Hilori of Hilori's Magical Yarnorium

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Hilori and her Etsy shop Hilori's Magical Yarnorium!

 ( Source )



'I am a stay at home mother of two young, beautiful and inspiring girls. I hatched the idea of starting my own business while I was on maternity leave for my second babe and housebound in one of Winnipeg's most brutal winters in a century. Having a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a background in design, paint and photography, I wanted to use my skills to build a career using my creativity in a field I feel very passionate about: wool.'

 ( Source )

'All of the items in my shop are made by me, in my spare time in my studio which I call "The Yarnorium." It is a small room in my home that is full of yarn, fibre, fabric and anything crafty. All of my colourways are named after things in my life that have left a lasting impression, from nostalgia to pop culture to general sci-fi nerdiness. 

All of my materials are Canadian sourced and/or purchased from Canadian suppliers in an effort to keep it Canada local and boost our terrific economy. I'm proud of where I live and the incredible resources we have!'

 ( Source )

'I sell hand dyed gradient yarns and fibres, as well has hand crafted top whorl spindles and hand sewn boxy project bags. My demographic is young and young-at-heart knitters, crocheters, websters (weavers), spinsters (spinners) and crafters in general. There is something in store that appeals to all ages.

 ( Source )

I have an Etsy shop so I can live the dream of staying home with my two girls and still provide for my family in an enriching, creative way.'

Want to see more? Be sure to check out Hilori on social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!