Wednesday, May 25, 2016

WESTie Wednesday : ft The Craft & Cupboard

WESTie Wednesday with Katelyn of The Craft & Cupboard!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Katelyn and her shop The Craft & Cupboard.

"The Craft & Cupboard showcases rustic and vintage-inspired decor for weddings, special events and the home. I have always loved crafty and rustic things. When I was young my mom was an interior decorator and always inspired me to be creative. 


When I was engaged and planning my rustic barn wedding, I began making a bunch of wedding decor items and I just loved it. After my wedding, I opened my shop to sell similar items that I had made and it has gone very well. I work with burlap, fabric, wood and anything rustic that inspires me."


"I love creating items for brides and mothers to be, or for a special person celebrating a big life event. I get to connect with mothers purchasing their daughter a wedding gift, a friend throwing a bridal shower, mothers celebrating a baby shower, a birthday party etc! It is really neat to think that my items will be present at a special celebration."


We asked Katelyn “Why Etsy?”
"I wanted to be able to share in that pre-wedding excitement again. I was so pumped--when I was making my wedding decor--for everyone to see it and share in that experience. When the wedding was over, I wanted to get that feeling back, and now I can by sharing my creations with people all over the world. 


I was also tired of the 9-5 grind and have always known I am happiest when I am my own boss. I love the freedom and joy Etsy brings me; it is truly amazing."


Want to see more? Be sure to check out The Craft & Cupboard  on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!