Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WESTie Wednesday : ft Metamorphosis Glass Works!

WESTie Wednesday with Michelle of Metamorphosis Glass Works!


Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Michelle and her shop Metamorphosis Glass Works.



"At Metamorphosis Glass WorksI create stained glass and mosaic art, everything from stained glass sun-catchers and large window panels to mosaic key holders, wall art and house numbers.
What is nice about my work is that it appeals to a wide audience: seagulls on driftwood appeals for a 20-year-old in France, stained glass feathers at a cabin in BC, Birds on a Wire mosaic art for a 30 something professional from Regina. My client base is so varied and unique, it never gets boring!

Several years ago my universe as I knew it completely changed and it made me stop and take stock of my life and what I wanted out of it. After taking some yoga, reiki and photography classes I ended up doing an introductory stained glass class and fell absolutely in love. Since then I've taken several classes in Winnipeg as well as in Chicago and can't seem to get enough of the learning and evolving that comes with glass art.

About a year ago, after much encouragement from friends and family, I started to explore the idea of selling my glass art. Based out of Winnipeg MB, I have a lovely little boutique glass studio in my backyard that allows me to create anytime inspiration strikes.

My work tends to be a combination of natural themed pieces using driftwood from some of Manitoba's most beautiful lakes as well as modern interpretations of a traditional handcraft. I like to think of my work as fitting into the category of 'not your grandma's stained glass'!


We asked Michelle “Why Etsy?

"The Etsy community is incredibly rich and diverse: including its events programming, celebrating milestones or helping each other out. These are just some of things I love about being part of a community of vintage curators and handmade artisans who support and encourage each other."

Want to see more? Be sure to check out Metamorphosis Glass Works on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!