Tuesday, October 25, 2011

With a Grateful Heart Design Challenge Entry #1

Here is the first entry for our October Design Challenge:

Fingerwoven Set of Friendship Bracelets - Chinese Braid by TawnyBee


The reason I chose to make these Chinese Braided Bracelets for this month's challenge is because of this quote from the book where I learned how to make this particular braid: "I like to think of it [the Chinese braid] as a closely knit family, the core of dark at the center representing home and parents, the lighter strands, which leave and then return, as children whose lives are separate but still linked. " (Courtesy of The Basic Book of Fingerweaving written by Esther Warner Dendel 1974)

Isn't that lovely? And family is what I am most thankful for. I think about how lucky I am every time I create a new Chinese Braided Bracelet.
__________

Beautiful work Tawny! Lovely symbolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!