Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Design Challenge Entries

The theme for the WEST Holiday Design Challenge was "gifts for him." There are a number of great ideas for all of the men in your life; from your toddler to grandpa, WEST has got you covered. If you're the last minute type, some of these will be available at our Holiday Shop on Saturday, Dec. 21

Here are all of this month's entries, in order of submission. There is a poll at the end of this post. VOTE for your favourite submission! The poll will be open for one week, and the winner will receive a special spot of recognition on the blog until the next design challenge!


Patti from WildWoodRose Vintage says "I have been digging through my racks of men's clothing. I have always been focusing on my women's items and was happy to switch the focus to the men. I had forgotten how many fabulous pieces I have that would suit Dad for the holidays! So far this piece has been my fave... Dad would look and feel spectacular in this beautiful cashmere coat."


Nancy from NancyBloklandPottery made a mug with strong lines and engraved it with FUEL for a masculine look. It has a gold, mustard glaze and is made for a man with its ample strong handle. 


Robyn from HandSewnByRobyn says "Grab a bevvy and sink into your favourite arm chair in my Men's version of the popular Adult Fleece Slippers. Kick back and relax."


Tawny from TawnyBee says "[This is] something for your little man. My little guy loves to help me do some Christmas baking. I think this would make a super sweet "early" gift for an awesome little boy."


Sharon from MonkeyBusinessCardCo. says "What guy wouldn't want a zombie sock monkey for Christmas???"


Lisa from Bitchin'Kitsch'n'Kitchen found a great pair of mid-century beer glasses with a curling motif. 


Kat from aeliosdesign says "I've never liked flashy men's accessories, so I made these modern and muted cuff links to finish off his look without screaming 'look at me'."


Andrea from WeAreBoundTogether says her reclaimed floppy disk notebook is a "Great gift for the geek (or anyone you grew up with) in your life!"


Caitlin from realswanky says "[This] black and white wood-grain patterned bow tie and matching pocketsquare [are] perfect for the hearty-bearded mister in yer life."


Vote for your favourite design challenge entry on the poll below. Only one vote is allowed, so be sure to choose your fave! 


The poll will close in one week on Monday, December 16, at 6:00 pm and the result will be posted shortly afterwards. The talented winner will receive a spot of recognition on the WEST blog until the next design challenge. 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!