Saturday, December 7, 2013

Holiday Tutorials: Candy Cane White Chocolate Oreos


I was so excited to make these--they taste just like Candy Cane bark, which is one of my favorites :)


What you need:
- Box of Oreos (I bought the boxes that had 40 in them)
- A bag full of white chocolate melts (this amount made just over 2 boxes)
- Candy Canes!! (My FAVOURITE holiday treat!)
- A Cookie sheet lined with wax paper (To put the finished cookies on)


1. In a food processor, grind up the candy canes into chunks. If some of it turns into dust, that's okay. If you don't have a food processor, you can put the candy canes into a ziplock bag and pound away at them with a wooden spoon or...whatever works!


2. Put the white chocolate melts into a double boiler, and put on high heat until chocolate starts to melt. Once chocolate is melted, keep on low heat and make sure to keep it a consistent heat. I turned it up at one point and it got chunkier and harder to work with because I overdid it. It still tastes fine, but the cookie doesn't look as nice.


3. Once the chocolate is all melted, start dipping! I used tiny tongs with pointed edges, they worked really great! Make sure you get the Oreo completely covered in chocolate.

4. Place Oreos on wax paper lined cookie sheet, and sprinkle with candy cane bits


Since it's below 0°C here, I put the finished Oreos outside to harden, but you can definitely put them in the freezer just as well.


And there you have it: White chocolate dipped Candy Cane Oreos! Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. I made these for the NYE dinner we hosted. Big hit! Thanks Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!