Monday, February 23, 2015

Miscellaneous Mondays: Inspiration from a Thrift Store

Inspiration from a Thrift Store with Angela from Heartleafdesign

I'll admit, when I go shopping in places like Salvation Army, Winners or Value Village, I'm not always shopping for "things." I'm kick-starting my brain with new ideas from the many items on the shelves or racks. Carrying a notebook and pen/pencil with me at all times now helps solidify these ideas. Otherwise I would have to remember them all! My notebook is a great reference to go back to again and again when I need it--until I can go "shopping" again!

I found this sweet necklace last time I went. I am pretty stoked about this find. How cool is it?


Now is the fun part: brainstorming ideas around it. Do I take it apart and incorporate the bits into my own design? Do I add my own embellishments and pieces to enhance it? Should I repurpose it for something other than jewelry? Like adding it to a plain top or hat or purse? Oh, the options are endless!

Where do you find inspiration for your designs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!