Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WESTie Wednesday ft. Leiah of Old-Timey Herb Co!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Leiah and her Etsy shop Old-Timey Herb Co.!



"Hello! My name is Leiah Cassian Beck and I run Old-Timey Herb Co.

I am a gardener, a maker, a do-er, a cook, a pyrotechnician and a herbalist.
I began seriously studying herbs in 2012, completing a diploma program at Dominion Herbal College. I continue my herbal education through workshops and courses, creating and exploring new ideas (and testing them out on friends and loved ones!)"

 

"I have always been in love with nature, growing things, making things and helping people. Learning about herbs has allowed me to combine all the things I love. I take my inspiration from my surroundings; my husband and I live in the woods near Sandilands Provincial Forest and our property is full of life and amazing opportunities, from the wild mint that grows abundantly through the summer to the fragrant cottonwood buds that only make their appearance once a year. On the weekends you will find me either in the woods with bundles of yarrow and clover in my arms or in my kitchen working on new products or ideas."



"I sell hand-made herbal remedies and skin care products. My goal is to provide people with natural choices for themselves and their families.


I have always loved Etsy. I have spent lots of time browsing and admiring the creativity of people, from innovative ideas to beautiful photography. I love supporting small independent businesses. I actually registered my shop many years before opening it. I just knew that one day I would have a shop of my own. My husband encouraged me to just finally go ahead and open it up (probably because he was tired of all of the things I was making piling up around the house!)"


Want to see more? Be sure to check out Leiah on social media!

1 comment:

  1. 100% liked this etsy shop looking in to ordering the sugar scrub:) Absolutely wonderful products and packaging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!