Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WESTie Wednesday with Leanne of papercanoedesign!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Leanne and her Etsy shop papercanoedesign!



"
I'm a graphic designer, illustrator and artisan, living in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada). I have a love for design and print: my aim is to make the complicated simple, to see the beauty in things, and make them known to others. I'm a city girl married to a country boy and a blessed mother to a princess and a couple of handsome little guys. My childhood was filled with camping, canoeing, loving and respecting the outdoors - where I draw much of my inspiration from. What else can I say? I recycle, I cut up the plastic 6-pack rings for the good of the fish and the birds. I hate popping balloons or having elastics shot at me. I try not to take myself too seriously, I aim to focus on the good in people, and am all about spreading the joy. And I sure do like long walks on the beach. My Etsy shop is a place for me to showcase my art prints and stationery, providing options for both digital and physical items. I welcome custom requests and enjoy working with customers to achieve the exact look they are going for! Everything I create is something I would have in my own home, and I often am switching out my frames to showcase the latest and greatest Paper Canoe art. A lot of my art prints stem from fabrics that I've designed, and you can often find coordinating prints in my Spoonflower.com shop. For my physical option, I have a local small business printer who does an amazing job printing my products on 310gsm smooth 100% cotton fine art paper, mould made, acid and lignin free. I have the most amazing studio set up on a landing on my second floor with gorgeous natural light streaming through the windows most of the day.... which I never use except to pile orders and works in progress upon my desk. As a stay-at-home mom, I set up at the kitchen table during the day while my Littles run around me and (hopefully) nap. I have had to adapt to 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there - making the most of any free time I have, while putting my sweet Littles first. And my house last haha"

 

"
My Etsy shop is an eclectic bundle of art prints and stationery - prints for the nursery, a child's room, and anywhere in your home to inspire the young at heart. I always aim for minimal and modern, sometimes with a hipster twist."



"[Etsy is] a creative outlet! I love to create, and it's the perfect avenue to offer my art to others."


Want to see more? Be sure to check out Leanne on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!