Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WESTie Wednesday with Lauren of Riley Grae Designs

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Lauren and her Etsy shop Riley Grae Designs!



https://www.etsy.com/shop/RileyGraeDesigns




"Hello, I'm Lauren. I like birds, plants and making things."

 ( Source )

"I sell a variety of products including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, brooches, stuffed animals, purses, clutches, change purses, pillows, paintings, magnets, planters and digital art."

 ( Source )


"I'm good at procrastinating and depriving myself of sleep. I enjoy music, thrifting and making lists. I don't enjoy trying to make decisions but I do enjoy trying to make people's days better. I'm an art student, excited to be taking Graphic Design in the fall. In the meantime I keep busy creatively by making, baking, sewing, and photographing. My business reflects my lack of focus and need to stay busy through its varied product line and packaging. With new ideas and inspirations all the time it's hard to keep myself limited to only certain projects."

( Source )



"I do my best to use as much re-purposed material as possible without compromising the product's quality. I do this by recycling, thrifting and acquiring my materials locally. I re-purpose thread, zippers, chain, beads, findings, game pieces, camera film, lace, leather, t shirts, curtains, plastics, buttons and vintage jewelry pieces which I transform into new wearable products. I design and make everything in my creative space at home."

We also asked Lauren, "Why Etsy?" 
"Having an Esty shop helps keep me motivated to create and promote my crafts!”
 
Want to see more? Be sure to check out Lauren on social media!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!