Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WESTie Wednesday with Jade Rooster Jewelry

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Jade and her shop

 
"I'm very committed to making my customers happy and I love seeing their reactions to my work. Selling a piece of my art to someone with a genuine appreciation brings me so much happiness."

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/JadeRooster
 
"I'm a recent Fine Arts graduate from the University of Manitoba. Making art is in my blood and I've been making jewelry for about 15 years now. Above all creative pursuits, making jewelry is my favorite. I love sourcing materials from antique stores, buy supplies locally and online. I have a passion for reworking old materials into new pieces both for sustainability reasons and because the quality of vintage pieces really can't be beat. 


https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/232166669/quartz-opalite-and-pewter-filigree


Juxtaposing new and old also has stunning results. These pieces are generally my favorites though I do make "all new" pieces or higher end pieces with sterling and gemstones as well. My current listings are a bit of an eclectic mix with plans to produce more streamlined collections in the future. I work from home from my sunny half studio/half living room at a giant, heavy, wooden antique desk that was gifted to me and is one of my most prized possessions."
 
 
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/235920159/faceted-smoky-quartz-and-onyx-circle
 
"I sell new, vintage and up-cycled pieces of jewelry with a focus on gems, metal crystal and glass. I strive for quality control and durability because I want my pieces to last. When making, I try to anticipate not only the end product but how it will look as it is worn over time. My demographic is unisex and I try to make pieces that any one of any age (perhaps not babies) can wear on any occasion! I recently made a pair of earrings for a male friend for his birthday and definitely think that accessorizing isn't just for women."

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/229133309/rose-quartzhematite-and-green-agate-on


We asked Jade “Why Etsy?”
"I wanted to expand my horizons so to speak, and reach a broader consumer base that was looking for handcrafted materials."

Want to see more? Be sure to check out Jade Rooster Jewelry on social media!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!