Wednesday, July 6, 2016

WESTie Wednesday : ft Imagine Yarn!

WESTie Wednesday with Anel of Imagine Yarn!


Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Anel and her shop Imagine Yarn.



"At Imagine YarnI sell two different lines. I sell crochet and felt completed purses which range in sizes. I love making these and they make great gifts. I have also put together kits to make the purses. The kits for the felted purses include a pattern I wrote with clear directions, the metal purse frame and 100% unwashed wool from Norway. I also have a makeup bag purse kit that includes a pattern I wrote, metal purse frame and 100% cotton. One of my favourite purses is the Miss Daisy. The kit includes a pattern written by a South African designer friend, South African 100% cotton or merino wool and a purse metal frame. The Miss Daisy purse includes a lovely quote that a friend helped me write.


I am originally from South Africa, a country with lovely cotton and merino wool. I believe crochet and knitting are moving in a very exciting new direction. Handmade crochet items are more modern with a lovely old world charm. This process is what inspired me to start my shop.


All we need is imagination to give free range to our creativity and create something beautiful. I look for new hardware to incorporate into crochet items. My focus is purses. A lot of my yarn is hand dyed in South Africa, both 100% cotton and 100% merino. I love their yarn. I also have South African artisan handcraft wooden crochet hooks for the shop. I put the kits together and create some completed purses in my home in-between my day job.


We asked Anel “Why Etsy?

"My friends and family were encouraging me to sell the lovely purses I made for them, so I thought I would give this a try."


Want to see more? Be sure to check out Imagine Yarn on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!