Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WESTie Wednesday : ft The InkPAD

WESTie Wednesday with Carla Giesbrecht-Wat of The InkPAD!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Carla and her shop The InkPAD.



"At The InkPADI sell hand screen printed apparel for babies/toddlers, totes, and cards/prints. My main demographic is young families, in particular, moms with young children."



I am a hard-working stay at home mom who loves to create things. I recently started screen printing and I fell in love. My goal is to create meaningful products that connect with the customer.



My process is pretty free flowing: I base my product on my history or memories, present life with children and images that can take you on a journey (with a little bit of humour). Right now my materials come from local/online stores that sell blank apparel. There are a few art stores that sell screen printing products in Winnipeg but I buy online most of my supplies. All the physical work is done in my basement and the digital designing is done on my laptop wherever I may be.
I do all my own product photography which is becoming another one of my passions and also have a very active Instagram feed which is growing daily.



We asked Carla “Why Etsy?
"Being creative has always been a part of my life and now that I am lucky enough to stay at home with my kids, I want to dive in and support my family. It's the best combo I can think of, even though it can be crazy at times!"

Want to see more? Be sure to check out The InkPAD on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!