Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Holiday Tutorials: Fancy Forest Part 1
Thanksgiving and Halloween are over, and you know what that means....Christmas is on it's way! We're going to be sharing a bunch of holiday tutorials in the next two months to help get you in the spirit of things!
Our first holiday tutorial is making this pretty wintery decor consisting of a variety of decorated trees.
First up in our fancy forest is the sequin tree! Here's what you need:
- Sequins and gems (I got these from the dollar store)
- Glue gun
- Cardstock paper for the tree base
Start off with your cardstock tree base:
1. Start to curl the paper in at a corner
2. Make sure the top is tighter than the bottom, in a cone shape
3. Put a line of hot glue from top to bottom, roll into glue and hold until dry
4. Cut off excess paper, then do another line of glue from top to bottom to secure this seam
5. Cut off excess paper, making sure to cut it on an even surface so it stand properly. This will just be trial and error.
1. Start gluing on sequins and gems in desired color scheme (I was hoping to use mostly white, but realized after I started the bottom that I wouldn't have enough, so I started adding colorful pieces in between to spread them out a little more.
2. Keep gluing. Seriously, this is mostly just about covering the paper.
3. Add a little star piece to the top, and voila!
Pretty sequin tree!
Stay tuned for the next tree tutorial next Tuesday!