Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WESTie Wednesday - featuring We Are Bound Together!

Welcome to WESTie Wednesday, where each week we better get to know a proud WEST member and their Etsy shop! Learn about Andrea and her Etsy shop We Are Bound Together!




"I've always been artsy/crafty, so I've always needed some sort of outlet for my creative talents. Several years ago I was diagnosed with a disease that made me more house-bound, but it also allowed me to devote more time to creating. I also have a strong desire to help others. I now dedicate my time and my talents to supporting those in need. All the proceeds of my shop go toward charities such as Voice of the Martyrs and Open Doors.

I love creating beautiful things, and put a lot of effort into my books. I enjoy the richness of working with leather and paper, the nostalgia of repurposing floppy disks and the funkiness of duct tape. It is so satisfying to sit back and admire a finished piece of work. A lot of what is in my shop has come out of custom requests. As with most things, I started small, then as people ask for items, I realize that there is a market for that sort of thing. Extra large journals and watercolour sketchbooks, as well as the leather card sleeves are some examples.."


"I sell leather journals and sketchbooks, wood cover books, repurposed floppy disk notebooks, mini book keychains, leather card sleeves and RFID blocking card sleeves. Everything in my shop is hand sewn, even the leather card sleeves."







Want to see more? Be sure to check out Andrea on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!